It’s Valentine’s Day and you realize that you may feel sad because it causes feelings of loneliness and
reminds you that you're single. Everywhere you look you see flower bouquets, candy retailers, gift stores and restaurants catering for romantic dinners for two.
I hear you! It’s not easy to go through moments where you wish things were different. And you start thinking thoughts that begin with “if only” …
- If only I had a boyfriend
- If only I didn’t break up with that guy
- If only I was thinner, or beautiful, or tall etc …
What happens when you have those kinds of thoughts is that your energy drops as if it was sucked away
by a powerful machine. These are called “un-useful thoughts” – because those thoughts serve you for
nothing! It won’t fix what happened, and it won’t bring you Mr. Right.
Here is the thing! You are not the only one feeling the blues during this romantic holiday. There are even
couples who resist Valentine's Day as much as possible, because of the pressure to purchase gifts and
celebrate the occasion like clockwork and who find the commercialization of Valentine's Day crazy even
though they're in love.
Let’s look at some advantages point of being single right now.
Instead of focusing on the drawbacks, think about the advantages of being single.
*You can do whatever you want with your free time
* You can choose where you want to live and where you want to go
* You can have your house as clean or as messy as you like.
* You don’t need to fight over the remote control
What else? Make a list!
Instead of thinking “if only” thoughts, I would like you to think about “useful” thoughts, which are
thoughts that have utility and fill you up with great energy.
* How could I treat myself today and be my own Valentine?
* What would I like to do?
* Where could I take myself out on a date?
* What if I give myself the gift of learning something new such as playing golf, swimming, skiing etc.?
* How would it be like to give me my favorite flower bouquet? Or a love ring?
* What about attending a day spa all day long or go for a sightseeing walk over the city?
* What friends could I Invite over or do something with?
Don't make this day about hurt and loss. Make it all about love, even when single! It's important that
you radiate love, not blues so that you can attract someone that is in the same wave link. Understand?
When you drag down your sadness you look unattractive. Just think about people you know that do that. Aren’t they unattractive?
Practice self-love because when you practice self-love miracles can happen!
This is not positive thinking, this is positive incarnation. It's your minutes on earth.
It's your melody. And it's your choice on how you play the song.
It is true that you can only love a person as much as you love yourself.
If you exercise self-love, you will allow and encourage others to express themselves in the same way. The more self-love you have for yourself, the better prepared you are for healthy relating.
Even more, you will start to attract people and circumstances to you that support your well-being. So, BE YOUR VALENTINES!
I hope you liked my post today. I welcome your thoughts and comments.
Thank you for stopping by and have a great Self-Love Valentine’s Day!
get my "free" e-book